Workers are upset with the pension reform and more generally with the government and corporations’ policies. Anger is widespread, and calls for a general strike! In order to sustain the strike, we need to act and fund strike assistance to help workers fight for the good of all--may they be yellow vests or red vests, unionized or not…
This strike assistance fund, started in 2016 by CGT Info'Com, is co-managed with other trade unions CGT and SUD, and is meant to support the workers who strike against social regression, high cost of life… and work to defend Labour Laws or to obtain new rights.
Born during the renewable strikes movement against labor law in May 2016, this strike assistance fund has received amazing support, with 555000 euros raised. Crowdfunding made it possible, with over 10,000 participants involved in management choices, and transparency with a daily publication of the use of funds.
This strike assistance fund helps more workers go on strike for a longer period. It is a tool for action, as well as a tool for solidarity and mobilization. Our goal: to support local strikes and prepare protests against social decay.
Transparent, efficient, democratic, our strike assistance fund’s characteristics are :
- a transparent fund, involving contributors to the distribution criteria and providing them with a balance sheet (1st stage here: https://goo.gl/zNpHVm) ;
- a fund that is not dedicated to CGT workers or members of another organization, but is open to all the workers in a renewable strike, may they be unionized or not ;
- a fund with a charter regarding the use of funds whose the rules and criteria are decided by the striking workers and their representatives ;
- a fund that distributes financial support under 48 hours, as soon as the request has been made by a Union or a strike committee ;
- an interprofessional fund launched by Info’Com-CGT, but co-managed with other trade unions, for all employees.